I recently tried out Scooty Sharing and it’s not only extremely efficient if you’re in a hurry, it’s also a lot of fun to cruise through the city!
What I like most about Scooty is that the scooter is eco-friendly, doesn’t make any noise and that you’re no longer stuck in traffic.
But what is Scooty exactly?
Scooty is an electric scooter sharing system, in Antwerp and Brussels.
You can easily hire a scooter without key, all you need is the application.
How does it work?
- Download the app
- Register in the app or online
- In case you don’t have enough experience to ride a scooter, you will first need to take an initiation course
- Find a scooty in the displayed zone on the website or app
- Reserve a scooty
- Check for visible damage (dents, broken lights,…) and report it to Scooty via the phone app
- Unlock and click on the “Slide to open” button on the app.
- Open the trunk to get a helmet that fits you. You are now ready to get on the scooter and leave. You can drive anywhere within the displayed zone of Antwerp or Brussels. And if you want you can take a short break anywhere. Just click on the P Mode button. Easy right?
But remember to stay safe! Riding a Scooty should be an awesome experience, both for you and for the community. So wear a helmet, ride responsibly and park in the right place.
My pros & cons
- Easy for short distances
- All you need to rent Scooty is the app
- You can leave the scooter almost everywhere
- Fun to ride
- Better for the environment
- Some people leave the scooter in random places, not in the right place
- Bad condition of the scooter due to vandalism: the scooter may be damaged by a previous user, so you have to check every time that there is no damage and confirm this to Scooty
- Personally, I think it’s dirty to put on a helmet that another person has been sweating in. But fortunately they have hairnets for that.
I really love the e-scooter and I think it’s a great way to discover the city! I don’t like long walks so for me it’s the perfect invention. Also, it doesn’t cost so much and you can use it whenever you want.
If you want more information, you can check their website www.scootysharing.be