It seems that temperatures are getting higher and that means we will soon go outside with bare legs!
I don’t know what about you, but in summer I need to shave my legs everyday to keep them smooth. Portuguese woman are blessed with thick dark hair and tanned skin. But when it comes to legs, it is not a blessing to have a lot of hair and especially dark hair.
Several years ago I decided to stop shaving my legs and switched to waxing. I was sick of ingrown hairs and the little red bumps. Waxing your legs is wonderful for several days. Then the hair begins to creep back in and you are stuck with it for at least two weeks, three if you want it to be even more efficient. Because I do a lot of modeling work, waxing was not an option for me anymore, so I started looking for other options to remove my body hair. It was time to look into a more permanent option.
In the past I heard very different opinions on lasering, and that made me not do it. I had a friend who needed 20 treatments to make her legs hairless and I also had another friend who experienced severe damage due to the burns from the IPL laser treatments. White spots appeared on her legs from the burning, and depending on the depth of the burn, the hypopigmentation can be irreversible.
Thanks to Budi Parlour I considered a new laser hair removal technique: Soprano ICE. It focuses on unwanted hair growth with three wavelengths and is the most complete and effective hair removal solution available today for all skin tones and hair types. After 1 session I already noticed a difference! My hair grew back more slowly and thinner. So yes, I was sold!
I decided to start lasering the armpits, but now I’d like to do several other zones too. Arms, bikini, legs … having my entire body hairless would be so fucking great! Chewbacca be finally gone.
Budi Parlour works with the Soprano ICE device to laser off the hairs. Developer Alma Lasers is a global innovator of laser, light-based radio frequency and ultrasound technologies for the aesthetic and surgical markets.
- Soprano ICE has multiple wavelengths and technologies, offering a solution for every patient: whether you have light, dark or tanned skin, coarse or fine hair, with Soprano ICE this is no problem.
- The SHR technique gradually heats a defined treatment area until a temperature is reached in the hair follicle that effectively destroys it and prevents the hair from growing back.
- The In-motion technique stands for continuous movement of the laser on the treatment area to ensure full coverage. This allows a higher energy output than with the standard techniques and leads to better results.
- The Ice Tech cools the upper layer of the skin and so prevents complications such as overheating and pigment shifts, but also provides a pain-free and effective treatment for hair removal.
- Through various accessories your beauty saloon can treat any part of the body, including small and vulnerable areas (ears, nose, between the eyebrows)
You will need to undergo a series (6 to 9) of laser hair removal sessions to get the desired results. Hairs have a growth phase and also a resting and a falling-out phase. Some of the hairs are not there right now because they are in the rest phase and not every hair will respond to the pulses. Therefore these multiple sessions are spread over 4 to 6 weeks, the typical length of a hair-growth cycle.
Before the treatment:
Make sure you shave your legs, arms, or any zone you are going to laser before the treatment. The optimal time to shave is around 8 hours before your appointment time.
After the treatment:
Make sure you avoid sun exposure after the session.
- Not painful
- Suitable for all skin types, including tanned skin
- Safe and effective
I still have a few more sessions to go, but I am already excited to share the result with you!
In meantime, if you have any questions… don’t hesitate to contact me or Budi Parlour!