A few weeks ago I received the #PhilipsProBlend6 and I was so excited to try it out!
I have been experimenting with healthy drinks lately, so it was just the perfect time.
From now on, this is my best friend in the kitchen! A smoothie a day, keeps the doctor away.. 🙂
About the blender
I have been using the Philips blender for two months now and I am still using it every day. The blender can really handle everything. I’ve never had such a powerful blending machine! And everything comes out very smooth!
My first impression was that the Philips ProBlend 6 weighs quite heavily. That’s because of the very solid and high quality components, made from metal and glass. I have always preferred glass over plastic ones and on top of that I think it’s very stylish.
The buttons are very clear, you don’t need instructions to understand how it works. You have variable speeds and a special button for crushing ice.
I like the big jar so I can make multiple portions. It has a capacity of 2L, significantly more than cheaper blenders. You can really throw anything inside, The blender chops and mixes the products without any problem. It is fast and efficient and does what you might expect from a blender.
With the blender comes two very nice drinking cups, easy to take a smoothie on the go, and a recipe book.
All elements are detachable and easy to clean. You can put the blender in the dishwasher.
The blender is a little bit noisy because of the heavy machine, but which blender isn’t?
It’s a great blending machine, however it’s maybe a little bit too heavy. For those with weak arms… you should maybe look for a plastic one instead.
Besides this, I can not say anything bad about the Philips Avance Blender.
I have no hesitation in recommending this as a high quality device which should last almost forever!
Since I have been making a lot of different smoothies, I’d like to share with you my 3 favorite smoothie recipes.
- Smoothie bowl with blueberries and raspberries
If you love red fruits and berries then this smoothie is something for you!
Quantity: 1 portion
1/2 cup of frozen fruit (I have taken blue berries and raspberries)
100 ml of coconut milk (almond milk is also possible)
- Put the frozen fruit in a blender together with the banana and pour in some coconut milk.
- Blend everything until you have a smooth smoothie.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and put the toppings on top.The nice thing about this recipe is that you can add all kinds of toppings like granola, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and so on.
- Avocado smoothie
Quantity: 2 portions
200 ml of almond milk
100 ml of low fat yogurt
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit with a knife and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Peel the oranges and banana.
- Put the avocado, orange, banana, milk and yogurt in a blender and mix everything smoothly.
- Divide into two large glasses.
- Green smoothie with almond milk, spinach and banana
Handful of spinach
250 ml of almond milk
In my opinion all super delicious smoothies! Which ones do you like best?